Energy Supply, Demand, and Markets – February 2011
Two Views of the Impact of EPA Regulations on Reliability
Two recent studies, different in scope, examine the potential for reliability problems due to the pending tightening of federal emissions regulations and possible retirement of coal-fired generation. While the studies found some similar regional “trouble spots,” a key question remains: Can permitted gas-fired units and other measures, such as load management, can bridge the gap? Read more below.
- Download the ScottMadden Energy Industry Update
- Viewpoint: Coal Combustion Residuals
- Viewpoint: Integrating Smart Grid in Planning
- Viewpoint: Strategic Issues in Transmission
- Viewpoint: Renewables and Transmission
- Case Study: Merchant Transmission Feasibility Studies
- Case Study: Electric Transmission Settlements Process Improvement
See Also:View More
Welcome to ScottMadden!
Sussex Economic Advisors is now part of ScottMadden. We invite you to learn more about our expanded firm. Please use the Contact Us form to request additional information.