Climate and Environment – Spring 2012
The ScottMadden Energy Industry Update
EPA’s Utility Mercury and Air Toxics Standards (MATS): Another Brick in the Wall
EPA is promulgating regulations that impact coal-fired generation in particular, tightening emission standards for mercury, air toxics, and sulfur dioxide, as well as greenhouse gases from new power sources. Despite political and legal uncertainty surrounding the ultimate implementation of the regulations, many companies are making tough plant retirement decisions now. Read more below.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions: Might a New Source Performance Standard Affect the “Not So New”?
- Feed-In Tariffs: Under Fire and Getting Adjusted
- Download the ScottMadden Energy Industry Update
- Viewpoint: Natural Resource Planning
- Viewpoint: Water Supply Shortages: Water Utility Regulatory Insights