As a business leader, you face increasing challenges and pressures to improve operational efficiency, and payroll is often one area of opportunity. Today’s employees expect the payroll function to execute flawlessly, while executive leaders want the payroll function to reduce costs, improve and accelerate decision making, and comply with required and recommended controls. Satisfying these objectives requires a holistic and integrated approach to managing the payroll process.
At ScottMadden, we’ve seen our clients face challenges at every part of the payroll process. The most common challenges include:
- Uncertain governance across the end-to-end process
- Outdated or poorly integrated systems
- Lack of clarity on process handoffs between supporting organizations
- Complex pay rules by employee type and/or location
- Subpar performance from third-party vendor agreements
- Manual, inefficient approval or validation processes
- Lack of customer experience focus in providing support services
You can meet these challenges head on by getting a clear picture of your payroll process and identifying key drivers causing your biggest issues.
Assessing Your Payroll Process
ScottMadden’s payroll assessment compares your organization’s payroll activities against leading practices, identifies and prioritizes opportunities for improvement, and quantifies potential savings. The result is a clear path to improve payroll issues and reduce operating costs.
ScottMadden leverages a proprietary, leading-practices database built from decades of practical experience and current research. A typical ScottMadden Payroll Assessment lasts four to six weeks.
ScottMadden has deep payroll knowledge and experience, having assisted Fortune 500 companies from various industries, domestically and internationally, in both traditional corporate and shared services environments. Payroll has been the single focus for many engagements, and other times, payroll is part of a broader human capital or finance initiative for our clients. In either case, we take into account the end-to-end, holistic view to help our clients improve their payroll operations and achieve quantifiable results.
- Payroll Operations Assessment
- Payroll Delivery Strategy and Operating Model Design
- Payroll Process Improvement and Operating Model Implementation
- Payroll Technology Implementation and Optimization
- Payroll Governance and Vendor Management
We work step-by-step with clients to ensure each project’s success. Our strong team of consultants employs an adaptable framework to guide clients to the best decision for their unique situations and, ultimately, a corporate and shared services solution. We do what we say we are going to do, with integrity, tenacity, and a genuine passion for the work throughout the entire project.
Welcome to ScottMadden!
Sussex Economic Advisors is now part of ScottMadden. We invite you to learn more about our expanded firm. Please use the Contact Us form to request additional information.