ScottMadden joined forces with Energy Central to present an interactive webinar, “ScottMadden’s Fall 2015 Energy Industry Update – Strange Brew: Adapting to Changing Fundamentals.” This session, moderated by Stuart Pearman, partner and energy practice leader at ScottMadden, was based on ScottMadden’s latest Energy Industry Update, a semi-annual publication featuring our view of recent significant events and emerging trends, received by more than 10,000 industry leaders.
During this 60-minute webcast, panelists John Pang, partner and Cristin Lyons, partner and grid transformation practice leader, shared their views on community solar, the Clean Power Plan’s final rule, and grid transformation.
Topics of discussion:
Community Solar: A Hot Topic for Utilities of All Types
- What are the current models and design elements?
- Where is community solar happening and why?
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Clean Power Plan: The Just-Released Plan
After months of stakeholder interactions and additional government analysis, the EPA released on August 3 its final rule governing existing power plant emissions of greenhouse gases.
- What are the key features of this just-released final plan and the important differences in the final rule from the draft proposed in mid-2014?
- What are the initial reactions from various stakeholders?
- What are the key issues for state regulators, generators, and others in the energy and utilities sectors to address in seeking compliance with the new rule?
Grid Transformation: Setting the Stage for Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Initiatives
- What are the key drivers of the transformation?
- What is the current state of New York and California?
If you were unable to participate in the live session, the webcast deck and session replay are available below.