ScottMadden, Inc., will join top industry executives as a sponsor and moderator at this year’s Utility Regulation Conference. This pre-eminent executive event features the industry’s most influential utility executives, advisers, regulators, and investment professionals sharing their perspectives on the overall landscape and financial alternatives in the current regulatory environment.
Regulatory Framework for Utilities: From Plant Closings to Renewable Growth
The panel will take a comprehensive look at what key areas are impacting the utility landscape with a focus on changes within the regulatory framework.
- Nuclear and coal power plant closings: impacts and alternatives. Is the “Nuclear Promise” enough to turn the tide?
- How can utilities replace baseload coal and nuclear capacity with equally stable, emissions-free, and cost-effective supply? What’s the appetite for rate increases and emissions increases?
- Gas pipeline initiatives by electric utilities and gas LDCs: where do these stand, and what are the regulatory and consumer considerations?
- Upstream investments: how to get investments in natural gas production and storage recognized in rate cases
- New renewable portfolio standards; incorporating renewables into the rate case
- What kinds of regulatory decision making will go into compliance with increased renewable standards?
- Clean Power Plan update
Rick Starkweather, partner and regulatory practice area lead, ScottMadden
For more information, please visit the event web site.