ScottMadden will be the executive sponsor for SEPA’s 2018 United Kingdom Executive Fact-Finding Mission taking place October 14–19 in the United Kingdom. The UK is moving to a decarbonized energy sector and it isn’t shying away from experimentation to get there. This mission will explore the powerful discoveries and course corrections of the UK’s most recent energy experimentations, including performance-based energy price schemes, transactive energy projects, and flexibility markets.
Mission attendees will receive practical lessons and new approaches to growing challenges, including:
- Impacts of the Revenue = Incentives + Innovation + Outputs (RIIO) pricing model on distribution system operators (DSOs) and consumers
- System reliability and balance with the world’s largest offshore wind capacity
- Consumer pricing and engagement approaches with energy bills that have doubled in the last 10 years
- The role of electric vehicles in the UK and its decarbonization goals
- Distributed energy resource management systems (DERMS) and control solutions in use
- How the transmission system operator (TSO) took storage mainstream with its Enhanced Frequency Response tender
To request a copy of our post-conference summary, please contact us.