Strange Brew: Adapting to Changing Fundamentals
ScottMadden’s Fall 2015 Energy Industry Update Webinar
ScottMadden recently joined forces with Energy Central to present an interactive webinar, “ScottMadden’s Fall 2015 Energy Industry Update – Strange Brew: Adapting to Changing Fundamentals.” This session, moderated by Stuart Pearman, partner and energy practice leader at ScottMadden, was based on ScottMadden’s latest Energy Industry Update, a semi-annual publication featuring our view of recent significant events and emerging trends, received by more than 10,000 industry leaders.
During this 60-minute webcast, panelists John Pang, partner; Todd Williams, partner and fossil practice co-leader; and Cristin Lyons, partner and grid transformation practice leader, shared their views on community solar, the Clean Power Plan’s final rule, and grid transformation.
Topics of discussion:
Community Solar: A Hot Topic for Utilities of All Types
- What are the current models and design elements?
- Where is community solar happening and why?
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Clean Power Plan: The Just-Released Plan
After months of stakeholder interactions and additional government analysis, the EPA released on August 3 its final rule governing existing power plant emissions of greenhouse gases.
- What are the key features of this just-released final plan and the important differences in the final rule from the draft proposed in mid-2014?
- What are the initial reactions from various stakeholders?
- What are the key issues for state regulators, generators, and others in the energy and utilities sectors to address in seeking compliance with the new rule?
Grid Transformation: Setting the Stage for Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Initiatives
- What are the key drivers of the transformation?
- What is the current state of New York and California?
If you were unable to participate in the live session, the webcast deck and session replay are available below.View More