Since 2014, ScottMadden has joined the Smart Electric Power Alliance (SEPA) to provide energy industry decision makers with the knowledge, tools, contacts, and insights to position their utility for the future. ScottMadden has helped to lead:
- A group of industry executives to the Netherlands and Belgium to explore the renewable energy market and grid modernization efforts of these two countries – as well as the greater European Union
- A group of U.S. energy industry executives to discover ways Australian utilities and partners are deploying distributed energy resources (DERs) and how customers are responding to this market shift
- A group of U.S. energy industry executives to the deregulated “energy market laboratory” of Austin and San Antonio, Texas to examine the innovative programs and offerings that are enabling solar to grow
- A group of international energy industry executives to explore the renewable energy market in Oahu, Hawaii to learn from electricity and solar market leaders
- A group of U.S. energy industry executives to the bellwether energy market of Germany to exchange information with electricity and solar market leaders
Based on our experience and first-person fact finding, we have been able to work with our clients to understand and effectively navigate the changing landscape, bringing an understanding of energy-unique concerns. We don’t just help our clients understand the evolving energy landscape—we work with them to achieve business results in this landscape.
At ScottMadden, we believe electric utilities maintain natural advantages that can be leveraged to deploy renewables and DER assets as well or better than some models being offered. In our 51st Phase II Roadmap, shared with SEPA, ScottMadden proposes leveraging the natural advantages of the electric utility in order to accelerate the deployment and penetration of DER assets. To review all Phase II Roadmap submissions, please click here.