Exploring the Renewable Energy Market in Hawaii: What’s Driving the Change?
ScottMadden, Inc., one of North America’s leading energy consulting firms, is proud to join the Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) in leading a group of approximately 35 U.S. energy industry executives to the “living laboratory” of Hawaii. The state is home to more than 54,600 residential and 2,600 commercial solar installations. The purpose of this fact-finding mission is to learn from electricity and solar market leaders who are adapting to change in the state’s dynamic and challenging environment.
The trip, which will take place September 27–October 1, 2015, will feature face-to-face meetings with thought leaders and decision makers from the Hawaiian electric utility, transmission, and renewable energy industries; government, trade, and industry associations; and market experts. The program will be interactive and focus on questions including:
- How effective has state policy been in meeting goals related to renewable energy requirements, emission reductions, and market changes?
- What new business models can help electric utilities adapt and grow in a market with strong renewable mandates, integration challenges, and the threat of declining market share?
- What tools are needed to cost effectively shift from a primary reliance on baseload generation to a greater renewable resource mix? How can this goal be achieved while simultaneously ensuring reliability and increasing flexibility?
- What new models are being developed to ensure adequate utility revenue and counteract any negative operational impacts?
- How can stakeholder and customer expectations be successfully managed in a competitive market?
- How does a utility strategically and successfully plan for the energy future in a fast-changing environment?
Chris Vlahoplus, partner and clean tech & sustainability practice leader at ScottMadden, and John Pang, partner at ScottMadden, will attend this event. For real time updates, follow them at @ChrisVlahoplus and @PangJohnC.
If you are interested in receiving a copy of our key findings, please contact us.
About ScottMadden’s Clean Tech & Sustainability Practice
Leveraging our energy expertise, the ScottMadden Clean Tech & Sustainability practice helps our clients effectively navigate through the quickly changing energy landscape. We specialize in assisting our clients with sustainable energy strategies and making smart portfolio choices. We work with our clients to understand and effectively utilize cleaner, renewable sources of energy, such as nuclear, wind, solar, biomass, and biofuels. Our experienced team of energy practitioners understands the roles of energy efficiency, demand response, and storage as part of an integrated strategy. We also assist clients with sustainability, bringing an understanding of energy-unique concerns.
About ScottMadden, Inc.
ScottMadden is the management consulting firm that does what it takes to get it done right. Our practice areas include Energy, Clean Tech & Sustainability, Corporate & Shared Services, and Grid Transformation. We deliver a broad array of consulting services ranging from strategic planning through implementation across many industries, business units, and functions. To learn more, visit www.scottmadden.com | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
About Solar Electric Power Association
The Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) is an educational non-profit dedicated to helping utilities integrate solar power into their energy portfolios for the benefit of the utility, its customers, and the public good. With 900 utility and solar industry members, SEPA provides unbiased utility solar market intelligence, up-to-date information about technologies and business models, and peer-to-peer interaction. From hosting national events to providing utility strategies, SEPA helps utilities make smart solar decisions. For more information, visit www.solarelectricpower.org | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn