View from the Executive Suite – Early Fall 2013
Energy and utility companies are investing in infrastructure as well as pursuing, especially in the midstream gas sector, acquisitions. At the same time, utilities are contemplating how best to position themselves strategically as the confluence of technology advances, energy prices, policy support, and customer preferences may dictate changes to the traditional utility model. Read more below.
- Executive Summary
- Stock Price Growth: Utilities Still Lag, Haunted by an Uncertain Rate Environment
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Related Utilities Are Primary Targets of Whole Company Deals
- Mergers & Acquisitions: Large Asset Transactions Dominated by Midstream Gas Assets
- Utility Investment Outlook: Analyst Views
- From the CEO to Shareholders: Some Quotes and Themes
- Utility Business Model: Chronicle of a Death Foretold? Or Hype?
- The Energy Industry by the Numbers
- Download the ScottMadden Energy Industry Update
- Viewpoint: Distributed Resources and Utility Business Models – The Chronicle of a Death Foretold?
See Also:View More