View from the Executive Suite – August 2014
The ScottMadden Energy Industry Update | August 2014
Investment remains the dominant theme across the power and natural gas industries. Consolidation has been occurring in various sectors as well, although for different reasons. Utilities remain relatively “under-consolidated” in comparison with other large, capital-intensive industries, although perhaps for unique reasons. Finally, some firms are looking at yieldcos as a master limited partnership alternative for renewable (and possibly “conventional”) generation investment. Read more below.
- Executive Summary
- CEO Themes: Messages to Shareholders
- Utility Mergers and Acquisitions: Various Sectors, Various Rationales
- Utility Industry Concentration Lags Other Capital-Intensive Industries
- Yieldcos – A Fad or Here to Stay?
- Viewpoint: Climate Risks and Utilities: A Story of Confusion
- Viewpoint: Survey: Distributed Generation – What’s on the Horizon?
- Viewpoint: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Distributed Resources
Welcome to ScottMadden!
Sussex Economic Advisors is now part of ScottMadden. We invite you to learn more about our expanded firm. Please use the Contact Us form to request additional information.