Energy Supply, Demand, and Markets – Early Fall 2013
As announcements of coal-fired power plant retirements continue, some power markets continue to tweak rules to encourage new capacity. Nuclear and demand-side efforts also look to play an increasing role. Read more below.
- Coal Retirements: Beyond Macro Forecasts to Regional Impacts and Economic Incentives
- Capacity Markets: Things Are Different in the Lone Star State…for Now
- FERC Revisits Capacity Market Design: Adaptation or Overhaul Ahead?
- Demand Response in Power Markets: Policy and Reliability – Striking a Balance?
- The Nuclear Power Sector in Flux
- Utility Demand-Side Management, Especially Efficiency Efforts, Continue to Advance
- Distributed Solar Resource Heat Map: One Approach
- Download the ScottMadden Energy Industry Update
- Viewpoint: Combined Cycles
- Viewpoint: Coal’s Slow Burn
- Viewpoint: Small and Single – It’s a Tough World Out There
- Viewpoint: Who Killed Electric Demand? Will Changes in Usage Ground Utilities’ Prospects?
Welcome to ScottMadden!
Sussex Economic Advisors is now part of ScottMadden. We invite you to learn more about our expanded firm. Please use the Contact Us form to request additional information.