Building on the growing success of previous executive missions, SEPA and ScottMadden will lead a group of invited executives for a week-long exploration of the renewable energy market and grid modernization efforts of Belgium and the Netherlands – as well as the greater EU. In Brussels, executives will examine a number of perspectives and approaches related to grid planning and the evolving electricity market. In the Netherlands, the delegation will participate in a day of the European Utility Week conference and a tour of the expo floor to gain additional insights into how utilities and energy companies in Europe are operating and planning for the future.
The growth of renewables and distributed energy resources (DERs) such as solar, storage and microgrids and how these technologies are influencing larger grid modernization efforts in European markets will also be a focal point of the mission. In addition to education, the mission will provide many opportunities to network and build relationships with colleagues and experts, including visits to technology and cultural sites.
Delegates will learn:
- Innovations in smart grid technology and program design
- Best practices in grid modernization strategy
- Policy approaches to renewable energy integration and lessons from the European markets
- DER integration efforts by European transmission and distribution system operator networks
- Optimizing customer value and meeting customer needs in a changing market
- Smarter and more sustainable cities
- Data management and the role and value of data in a distributed landscape
Topics will include: solar as a grid resource, enhanced demand response, intelligent energy storage applications, advanced metering and grid communications infrastructure and more.
Click here for full event details.
Coming out of this trip, ScottMadden and SEPA will share key lessons learned. For more information about the fact-finding mission trips or to receive this complimentary report later this fall, please contact us.