Orlando, FL | Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate
ScottMadden, Inc., is proud to join leading industry players as a sponsor for IQPC’s 20th Annual North American Shared Services & Outsourcing Week. This event will include valuable pre-conference workshops and presentations from the ScottMadden team. Brad DeMent, partner and finance and accounting practice area leader at ScottMadden, will serve as conference chair.
If you have not already registered, you are eligible to receive a special 20% discount off the registration fee, courtesy of ScottMadden. This discount can be used for the workshop and/or main conference. To register with this preferred pricing, please call James Linney of SSON directly at 212-885-2740 and reference the code SSOW_SM20.
Read below to learn about ScottMadden’s involvement in the conference.
Shared Services 101: How to Design, Build, and Implement Shared Services
How do you ensure that your new shared services operation is successfully established and able to provide value immediately back to the business? Join us for this interactive session where we follow a company through its journey of setting up a new shared services organization.
This workshop focuses on the essential activities to plan and launch a new shared services operation, including setting the strategy, defining the opportunity, and setting up work streams to ensure all implementation resources are used most efficiently and effectively.
During this session you will learn:
- Strategic considerations for designing shared services
- Characteristics of a leading service delivery model
- The most important activities required for successful implementation
- Common implementation mistakes and how to avoid them
Advancing Your Shared Services Operations: Taking It to the Next Level
What’s next for maturing shared services operations? How do you add value within a manageable framework? Dive into non-traditional, next-generation concepts with this interactive session. Here, we will share strategies to add value to your organization related to:
- Predictive and prescriptive analytics
- Use of social media
- Robotic process automation
- International expansion and treatment of small countries
- Increasing business customization without losing efficiency
Jerred Crosby, Partner, ScottMadden
Patricia Ferris, Partner, ScottMadden
Courtney Jackson, Partner, ScottMadden
Client Panel Session
If I Had to Do it All Over Again I Would…
It’s easy to crow about our successes, but not as pleasant an experience to take a hard look at what was done wrong in the build up to a shared services implementation. In this session, industry veterans share what they would do all over again if they could turn back the clock. Topic areas will include:
- Did we pick the right location/model/processes for our SSO?
- Were our change management initiatives enough to overcome the worries about our initiatives?
- Would anything I’ve learned since have made implementation go quicker?
Moderator: Jim Klingler of NCSU
Panelists: Debbie Vander Bogart of Levi Strauss & Co. and Scott Senatore of Verifone
Client Case Study
Fulfilling a Shared Services Organization Reinvention Strategy
Hitting the 10-year mark as a successful, mature, and cited leading practice shared services organization was a time to celebrate. Services offered had expanded from a U.S. data centric quality focus to a full portfolio of global HR, payroll, and employee facing services. Additionally, the organization had strong tenured employees, demonstrated savings of 33%, and continued to receive new growth opportunities and endorsement from its senior executive stakeholders.
While celebrating was nice, it was also time to look inward, challenge the status quo, and set a new strategy to improve and better support the evolving global organization. Hear about the five-year journey to fulfilling that strategy, including:
- Key initiatives that defined the strategic plan
- Stakeholder management on a global scale and through a changing business landscape
- Getting comfortable with change management
- Upgrading technology in a legacy system and end-user accommodating culture
Facilitator: Isabel Tan, SVP, Global Business Services, Warner Bros Entertainment Inc.
Join us to gain insights and lay the groundwork for shared services success. For more information or to register for this event, please visit the conference website.